First, we began our invite suite with our save-the-date, which was designed by me, based off of some inspiration from Etsy:
We ordered ours from Wedding Paper Divas, which I had used before for shower invites for BM Ashley. Our invite was the Artistic Maple: Autumn Orange. Here's a peek:
Sorry for the blurring out - gotta avoid having any party crashers!
The invites came out looking very nice - we were pleased!!
Bren and I put together the invitations over a few days - I wouldn't necessarily say it was fun, but it was nice to see the finished product.
The finished invite suite
Me and Bren, hard at work!
The outside of the invites, complete with burlap ribbon and wax seal
These bad babies went out in the mail mid-summer - here is me, hand-canceling the stamps at the Post Office:
NOTE: Any future brides, please PLEASE listen to me and take your completed invite to the post office to see what postage you need BEFORE ordering your stamps. I ordered stamps that were too low in price and ended up ordering new stamps, which both cost $$ and wasted time. Lesson learned!
The finished outside shows off our (new) custom stamps, which have our monogram (also designed by me) on them:
We started getting RSVPs back right away, but they definitely trickled in over time. And we had a few delinquents who needed to be tracked down - but we finally got our final head count!
We invited 124 guests, and 72 total were a "yes." That is definitely a higher than normal decline rate, but we expected it, as we had a lot of out-of-town friends and family members. We expected around 80, so we were only a little below! There were a few disappointments, but overall we are thrilled with our final guest list.
As the day closes in on us, we are finishing up our final seating chart (much more complicated than it needed to be!) and getting the head count on to our venue coordinator. There is plenty of work left to do!